Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jesus Loves Mrs. Robison

Jesus loves Mrs. Robinson, Simon and Garfunkel told her that. As Christians were really good at telling people that Jesus loves them. The whole gospel message screams out "I love you!". You don't have to look very deep into the Bible to see God's love. He loved us so much that he created us with the purpose of having a  loving relationship with him. He gave us freewill so we could choose his love, he sent his only son to this planet to have his little baby butt wiped by his creation, and he was born to die for us. We tend to focus much time and energy explaining how much God loves us, and how he showed us his love. This is great and of course on of the most important messages ever, but when someone comes to Christ it doesn't take much for them to see and experience this love first hand.

I think we should really focus more time and speech on our love toward God. We know how God showed us his love, and how vast his love is for us, but how are we showing God our love for him? We know God was willing to put everything on the line for us, but are we willing to do the same? I think it's great that Mrs. Robinson knows now much Jesus loves her, actually Simon and his friend tell her that she doesn't understand how much Jesus loves her. But I wonder if Jesus knows how much she loves him? Actually, who is Mrs. Robinson anyway?

Anyhow, we will never understand the amount of love God has for us, it's bigger then we can understand. We can't wrap our minds around it, but I bet all to often it's pretty easy for anyone around us to know exactly the extent of our love toward God. I'll bet it wouldn't take long to say, "you love God this much". All to often it's because we generally are not willing to sacrifice our comfort out of our vast love for God because, if we we're honest, our love isn't that vast for him to begin with.

I love talking about Gods love for us, you can go on and on about it, but if I we were to talk about my love for God, the conversation may end pretty quick. It's pretty sad really, we're good at talking and singing about how much we love God, but Jesus took it further than words or a song for us, he proved it by giving up everything he had. I want to live a life that does the same, one that does more then show my love in words, I want to show my love with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment