Monday, January 5, 2009

Something that bugs me.

I thought I would take a short side road tonight just to mix it up a bit and tell you about something that really bugs me. I like movies quite a lot. My favorites are classic films from the 40s and 5os, I enjoy new films also, but there is something that almost every new movie that involves a computer does that makes me want to instantly turn it off. Maybe you've noticed this, but without fail almost any computer, whether it's a mac, a PC, or a futuristic computer that only the government apparently has seems to make beeps, bops, and techie computer sounds anytime anything happens on the computer does anything. Someone can be typing a letter and the computer makes little beeping type sounds, the computer zooms in on a photo and there is another computer sound that I've never heard any computer make in the real world.

For some reason the higher end, and more futuristic the computers seem to be in the move, the more annoying little computer sounds they seem to make. Now, with my computer I have the ability to have it make little sounds for my enjoyment if I'd like, but I can also have it make no sounds at all - my personal preference for most items - however it seems that this feature is not available on high end futuristic computers that only the government and bad guys have, they have to make little sounds to work properly apparently. 

This is true also even with Dells, macs or HPs in movies. For some reason these computers in the movies come loaded with computer sounds that no other computer in the real world has. Anyway, that just really bugs me and ruins movies for me all the time. Why do sound engineers in movies do this? Why do directors think this adds to the scene? Have they just never used a real computer? Anyway, just another side road note about something that bothers me. Why you read this I don't know, but I'm sorry to waist your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment