Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out of Shape

I played racquet ball tonight. I play at least once per week. Tonight though I played one on one which I normally do not do. I think I left one of my lunges on the court. I know my heart exploded six times with little pieces of it all over. Anyway, it's amazing how fast your body can get out of shape. When I raced MTB I would ride for up to 7 hours straight. I was the hight I am now but only weighed 150, had like no body fat, and had legs the size of a average California Coastal Redwoods trunk.

The more crud I eat and put into my body the worse I feel. The less I work out, the weaker and fatter I become. The more I slack off from taking care of myself, the more worse I get. It just doesn't end, I'll continue to grow more and more unhealthy until I get some self control and discipline and work to get in better health. It's amazing how closely related our physical condition is to our Spiritual lives. When you neglect it, you become weaker, you are more prone to so many early death causes, you feel bad about yourself, you can't do as much as you used to, and in the end, you could lose it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment